|Payroll Accounting #1||Open||
|Payroll Accounting #2||Open|
|Payroll Accounting #3||Open|
1) ________ salary or wages is the amount an employee earns before deductions are made for payroll taxes and other items.
2) This represents both Social Security and Medicare taxes. (acronym)
3) A person providing services to a company who is not deemed to be an employee of the company is referred to as an _____________________ contractor.
4) The additional 50% that employers pay when employees work more than 40 hours in one week is known as the overtime ______________.
5) Health insurance benefits provided to retirees are part of _______-retirement benefits.
6) Accruing vacation expense when it is earned by an employee instead of recording the expense when the vacation is taken is an application of the _______________ principle.
7) A person paid in this manner will receive 26 paychecks per year.
8) The employer must remit ______ times the amount required to be withheld from employees for Social Security and Medicare taxes.
9) The tax withheld from employees and not matched by the employer is the federal ___________ tax.
10) The amount a person "clears" on their paycheck is the employee's ______ pay.
The most unique and effective way to learn accounting – over 1,500 testimonials.